Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Have found the most frustrating thing about this is trying to remember user name and password...should I keep a note book somewhere or should I keep it all the same for ease of remembering??
Had a very interesting chat to Dawn who reassured me she had the same problem and also that a lot of other people experience the same thing.
We discussed maybe we could keep a 'page' savedto password protected computer with all the details stored so could look it up when needed. Using a password protected memory stick would also work but still able to lose this easily.
Both of us would rather not use a site than have to register and think up a new password!

2 comments:

Bronwyn hegarty said...

hello Gwen
yes it is frustrating to "lose" usernames and passwords. I carry a notebook with web addresses and login details - the thing is not to lose it.

How are you going learning some of the jargon about digital/Internet matters? And also exploring some of the options for your area of work?

For example, where do you go when you need to check out information you need for your work? do you have professional websites you can access to ask questions or find out up to date information?

It would be good to see some of your goals for the project firmed up.

DawnC said...

Kia ora Gwen

Although I had glimpsed your blog, I hadn't read the detail and I have found it very interesting. Like you I am working on by login and password problems. So far I am still excluded from my personal files. It is over two weeks now. I just have to be patient. If you read this I will have succeeded in finding a way to comment on your blog. I have been having difficulty with that too, although I have my own blog.