Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What will I learn this week?

I thought it would be good to be able to put music to photos on my DVD.
I will investigate the possibility of putting music on this blog site.
I'd like to be able to do a short film/video upload, down load, upload so will also have to learn to use my cmaera properly. My child and extended family are all going on a cruise in three weeks time. it would be great to be able to use material from that to produce a cool photo album with music as well as a few little videos or films.
On past trips when I've been away with my child (I often unavoidably have to take him out of school) I get him to do a 'commentary ' as in writing about his trip by hand and then applying various photos to compliment it. I think he'd think it qute cool if I could show him how to do this digitally. Or even write a diary digitally and format it when he gets home. I think this would also please his teacher!
Would it be worth taking the lap top or would it be as easy to to use an internet site? The ship has computers you can use if you pay for the internet. May be they have a word like document he could set up here before he goes and add to it using their computers and his memory stick?
May be he could email the information to my address?
Will have to investigate.

1 comment:

Bronwyn hegarty said...

My feeling Gwen is it would be easier to take a laptop on your trip if you have one or lease one. At least you can ensure you have all the software you will need to use and all your photos can be kept on there.

Your child will also be able to write in the journal offline without having to seek out a computer and be hassled to get off one. sometimes adults think they have greater rights than a child when it comes to a shortage of computer spaces.

How are you planning to go about finding out the options for creating a digital story, adding music to video etc?

It would be great to see your thoughts about the discussions we have been having in the workshops and the demonstrations. Are you able to use the three-step reflective framework.
1. Step 1: Take notice & describe the experience - description of what happened.
2. Analyse the experience - implications of decision/action, reaction.
3. Take Action - Reflect on what you learned and how it will be used. Your goals for what you will do next.